Introduction to the GFMD Business Mechanism
The GFMD Business Mechanism, endorsed at the 2015 GFMD Summit in Istanbul, brings the voice of business to the forum. There is clearly a mutual interest between governments, the private sector, and civil society, to promote more transparent, effective and humane migration policies, taking into accounts labour market needs. The International Organisation of Employers (IOE) and the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Migration (WEF GACM) coordinate the work of the GFMD Business mechanism, which is housed at the IOE in Geneva. For more information about the Business Mechanism, follow the links below.
- GFMD at a Glance Factsheet: A brief introduction to the Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) Business Mechanism.
- Introduction Paper to the GFMD Business Mechanism (EN): Background information about the GFMD Business Mechanism. Spanish and French versions are also available.
- GFMD Business Mechanism Project Outline: An outline of the GFMD Business Mechanism.
- GFMD Webinar: This recorded webinar was coordinated by our partner the Council for Global Immigration. It walk through the GFMD process and the creation of the GFMD Business Mechanism. Webinar Slides. Webinar Password: RsandGFMD16
- IOE Position Paper on International Labour Migration: Position paper that focuses on several aspects of international labour migration of immediate and practical concern to business.
- The Private Sector’s Contribution to the Dialogue on Migration: Article written by Head of Stakeholder Engagement of the GFMD Business Mechanism, published by the SDC Migration Network.